This episode will likely rank as one of my top favs in the whole two seasons of Lady First Singapore! :D It’s all about bags! I can’t believe the team was so awesome as to put together an ENTIRE episode about bags! My goodness! They really know what women want! :D
A long time ago, I started an online blogshop selling bags (and the store’s called ‘Bagging Rights’) because I thought it made more sense than selling shoes or clothes because the latter come in many sizes and you’d have to keep so much stock! But with bags, it’s one size fits all, no?
Still, there’s so much to note with regard to having the bag match your body shape (e.g. don’t carry an over-sized bag if you’re petite) or personality, and how to care for your branded bags!
In this episode, the gurus Keith and Kevin introduce bags from Saint Laurent, Longchamp, Fendi, Loewe, Ferragamo, and more. Check out the list here.
I have realized that when I carry bigger bags, I tend to put more things into the bag, and it really weighs down on my shoulder and causes aches and pains! So I now try to carry backpacks for a more even weight distribution, or carry smaller bags.
I LOVE the Saint Laurent Sac de Jour Bag in baby pink. It’s just so pretty! Here I am with the same bag in red…
Pretty eh? :D
Here are some tips from the show regarding accessorizing with bags, and for bag care:
1) Cleaning your branded bags: use lens cleaning cloths without fibres as fibres might stick to the bag’s surface. Do not use newspapers to clean your bags as the ink might get transferred onto your branded bag! Always pat dry instead of rubbing off any residual moisture.
2) Crossbody bags are ‘hot’ right now, and bags in a blue-green shade are trending!
3) If your bag has a chain, clean it with a lens cleaning cloth when you are home so as to prevent bacterial growth on the chain which has come into contact with sebum from your skin. Also, do not store your bags immediately in a cabinet. Let it ‘air’ for a bit after you get home.
4) Adjust the length of the straps to suit your height:
5) Use tassels and bag charms to jazz up plain-looking bags:
6) You can even transform your bags using necklaces and earrings! Talk about recycling! :)
7) Interesting designs – let your choice of bag reflect your personality:
The famous Karl Lagerfeld bag charms made from mink, fox and goat furs:
The amount you’ll spend on one of these is enough to buy you a branded bag. ;)
All I want now is an episode on shoes or watches. :D Hehe!
Remember to leave me a comment on my Lady First Blogpost on StarHub Community (Click HERE) if you want to win a Samsung K! :D StarHub is also giving away $50 in shopping vouchers weekly! Just tag me in your comments! :)