My previous liquid fast was a real pain – the drink wasn’t tasty, cheating (in times of extreme hunger) was not allowed, and there wasn’t any support as well. This time round, I did an organic juice cleanse with Beauty Cleanse, and found it pretty enjoyable – what a change! I thought this organic juice fast was necessary since I’ve been experiencing a mild water retention issue, and I haven’t been visiting the loo as often as I should too. It came as a surprise that Beauty Cleanse offers some of the yummiest organic juices in Singapore.
One day’s worth of organic juices:
The supplements, if you are kiasu like me:
I did a 5-day juice fast (with supplements included) and noticed instant results: a slimmer face and waist. Of course, the results will not be permanent if one returns to unhealthy eating habits after any kind of fast.
The first day of cleansing is usually the toughest so here’s my diary about the day:
Day 1: I chose the orange bottle as my Morning Juice (it contains carrots, cucumber and pineapple). Despite the addition of the Colosan powder, which has a laxative effect, the drink tasted really good (refreshing and yummy!). The Colosan powder took effect pretty quickly as well.
- Would have been great if the Colosan powder was packed into smaller, 1 tablespoon-worth, packets. So time-starved individuals don’t have to measure it out themselves.
- Almost took a tablespoonful of Green Superfoods powder before realizing I required only 1 teaspoonful. (@_@) Individual packets would definitely be better.
- Three visits to the toilet before 11am.
- Feeling sleepy and yawning more frequently.
- Had some coconut juice at a hawker centre, before my gym workout.
- Ate 2 mini cucumbers around dinner time, and an avocado after that.
- Drank some warm vegetable soup before my bath. It’s been a cold, rainy day, and all I’ve been drinking are cold drinks!
- Overall, I found 3 of the juices super yummy, while the other 3 were less sweet, and hence less tasty to me.
Days 2 to 5 were much more enjoyable as I had figured out which 3 juices I liked most and I changed the order in which I had consumed the drinks – such that I won’t drink two yummy juices in a row.
So this is the sequence I drank the juices from Day 2 onwards:
- [10am] Orange bottle: carrot, cucumber and pineapple
- [12noon] Green bottle: celery, cucumber, mint, romaine
- [2pm] Lighter green bottle: apple, celery, cucumber, ginger, kale
- [4pm] Yellow bottle: cayenne pepper, lemon, honey
- [6pm] Purple bottle: apple, beetroot, celery, ginger
- [8pm] White bottle: cashew, cinnamon, honey
Beauty Cleanse provides juices extracted using the Norwalk juicer:
Fruit and vegetable juices are great for people who are picky about food. For instance, I would not usually eat beetroot, celery, carrots, cayenne pepper, kale, etc. But when these ingredients are blended to make yummy juices, I find them surprisingly acceptable!
Also, for time-starved individuals, who do not have the luxury of sitting down for lunch or dinner, and are always on-the-go, these juices are great!
I liked the fact that I didn’t have to think about what to eat for the next meal because the entire day’s “meal plan” has already been taken care of.
When I am REALLY starving (like after an intensive workout), I am allowed a small cheat here and there, like an avocado, some almonds and mini cucumbers.
If you REALLY have to, you can eat a few celery sticks or drink half a cup of black coffee too.
Beauty Cleanse also stayed in touch daily via email and phonecalls. I’m very impressed by their customer service.
On the 5th day, I woke up to a visibly sharper jawline, and I knew this had nothing to do with the 2 gym workouts I had gone for during the cleanse. My water retention issue usually involves my face (puffiness) and waist (bloatedness). And this 5-day cleanse helped tackle these two areas!
Would I try this again? Certainly! Definitely before my wedding!
If you’d like to experience an organic juice cleanse, here’s how:
~ Beauty Cleanse ~
Tel: 9371 7949
~ Giveaway ~
Win a 3-day Skinny Genes Cleanse Plan worth S$315! Just follow these 3 simple steps:
1) Like my facebook post about this Beauty Cleanse giveaway
2) Like Beauty Cleanse’s Facebook Page
3) Comment on this blogpost and tell me why I should pick you as the winner!
This contest ends on 25th November 23:59hrs and the winner will be announced on the 26th. Check back again then!
Update: The WINNER of this S$315 3-day Skinny Genes Cleanse Plan is…
Congratulations! Please drop me an email (gracewwg [at] gmail [dot] com) and provide the following details:
2) Mobile number
The good people from Beauty Cleanse will be in touch with you very soon!
Thank you, everyone, for your participation! More giveaways on my blog and facebook page so… GOOD LUCK!