Episode 5 is a mish-mash of a number of things: fashion, hair, and it even has supermodel Sheila Sim! I’m not quite sure what Sheila was on the show for – we didn’t get to hear very much from her. LOL! And I’m still not quite convinced about the style choices for SG weather but I do love this episode’s tips about accessorizing!
The experts this time are celebrity stylist, Keith Png, and Yi Lin 老师, a celebrity hairstylist who brought an assistant with her!😀
14 Tips From Episode 5:
1) Don’t just wear a spaghetti strap top and jeans even though SG weather is hot and humid! Throw on a jacket or a nice hat, and decent shoes so as to look presentable! The hot weather should not be your excuse to not dress up.
2) Avoid wearing denim shorts (it’s no longer in fashion), especially those that are baggy. Choose more fitted ones.
3) Get a lightweight bra with memory cushions, and which are not obvious under clothes. [Likely Triumph’s!]
4) Instead of hiding your hair under a cap, have a nice ponytail with a ribbon hairband or clip. Polka dots, soft fabrics and neon colors are now very trendy!
5) Choose a bra color that is close to your skin color. So don’t choose a white bra just because you are going to wear a white top! Of course, you should definitely avoid wearing black bras under white tops!
6) A tip from supermodel Sheila Sim: your outfit should not have more than 3 colors!
7) When using hair products, hold them 10-15cm away from your head then spray.
8) Moisturization of your hair and scalp is important because even staying in an air-conditioned room can strip your hair of its moisture!
9) If a product causes your hair strands to clump up, it’s too oily!
10) Make sure you use a product to protect your hair before heating/perming/styling/etc.
11) While it is important to feel comfortable, it is also imperative that you look stylish when you step out of your house. So pick your clothes wisely!
12) When wearing cutesy hairbands, place them towards the front of your head and you can even have the ribbon at the side instead of right smack center!
Here’s Pauline Lan acting cute:
13) Don’t overdo things – avoid piling on all the bling and looking like a christmas tree!
14) Spend a bit more on accessories – they can help jazz up any outfit!
I’m not sure about you but I LOVE accessories. Thing is, I buy so many of them, but I always end up using the same few I love most, regardless of outfit. Haha! Anyone else faces this issue too, or is it just me?😀