It’s pretty amazing how, before winning the award, I’d visualized the trophy sitting on a corner of my desk and how it now IS sitting prettily on that same corner of my desk.🙂
I’d like to share with you what happened during those special moments after my name was announced on stage, and what’s going to happen next now that I’ve won the award…
I’ve already confessed right here on this blog that my nervousness was off-the-charts the week leading up to the awards ceremony. I love surprises but the anticipation really was killing me. I think I did alright after the emcee announced that I had won the award. Did not trip while getting onstage to collect the trophy (hur hur), smiled my best at the photographer, and got off stage…
Only to have tears well up in my eyes.
There would be a video interview right after each award recipient got off stage so on one hand, I wanted to cry a bucket’s worth of joyful tears but on the other hand, I had to hold myself together. I was staring at the ceiling the whole time, hoping gravity would help keep the tears from spilling out of my eyes. Janet from Omy gave me a tissue and helpfully suggested that I go freshen up in the washroom.😀
And the interview went well, I think. Though I have no idea when and where the video would be uploaded.😀
So, besides winning the uber-cool trophy, I have also gotten:
1) A $300 Exabytes voucher + 1 free Domain + a $200 Pebble Watch
2) A pair of Glossi sunglasses worth $280
3) A JBL On Tour Micro Speaker AND
4) A 9-day SPONSORED TRIP to Northern Territory, Australia in August!!!
I’m certainly looking forward to the trip with all the other Singapore Blog Awards 2013 winners!🙂
And yes, I’ll definitely be back for more come Singapore Blog Awards 2014.
I’d already declared on Facebook that if I lost the award this year to any of the 3 cartoonist finalists (out of a total of 10 finalists) in my category, I’d start drawing cartoons come 2014. Thankfully, I can now spare everyone the horror of viewing my “artwork”. Hehe!
And coming up next:
1) My Book Launch – Just some final touches and my book should be ready for print. Exciting! It’s titled ‘Blogging for a Living’ and I think it’d be very useful for bloggers, people who work with bloggers, and anyone else who’s curious about whether bloggers actually make money and how they monetize their blogs.
2) Blogging Workshops! – I’ve actually taken a long hiatus from these as I have other projects I’m working on. But after winning the blog award, I have renewed confidence that what I have to share is going to be very helpful to those who attend my workshops. I’ll release the dates tomorrow so do watch out for the blogpost.🙂
3) More interviews – This is what is unique about my blog so I WILL make it happen. I’ll be on the lookout for more interesting and inspiring people to feature here so stay tuned!
And finally, a big THANK YOU to…
1) My Creator. I don’t usually speak about my faith but trust me when I tell you I prayed really hard that I’d win the award!😀 I have a little card I keep in my wallet that reads “Where the will of God leads you, the grace of God will keep you”. Amen.
2) My family, especially my dad – his interview helped me win the blog award🙂
3) My fiance, who’s been by my side through my ups and downs, and topsy-turvy crazy blogger’s life.
4) My readers, fans, friends and all who cast their votes for me, a big big THANK YOU!
5) The hardworking Omy.sg team – Alvin, Janet, Ruilong, and everyone else.
6) All my interviewees. You guys make this blog special. I like eating the same food all the time so if I’d become a food blogger, this blog would receive a ‘flame’ award, not a blog award. I think it’s better off being an interview blog, with the occasional lifestyle post.😉
Steve Jobs told us to “Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish” while one Facebook fan told me to “stay humble” and I replied with a “Why not stay awesome?”. So, here’s what I’d like to share with you…
Stay Humble, Stay Awesome!😀