I was invited for a staycation at Quincy Hotel and I wish it was a longer stay! 😀
If you don’t already know, Quincy is an award-winning hotel – Travelers’ Choice 2013 (tripadvisor), TTG travel awards 2013, etc. Quincy was also featured on CNN Travel as one of the ten best hotels to open in the recent years.
I was expecting very limited hotel room space, as the hotel is located in the Orchard shopping district, so near to all the malls I love, such as Far East Plaza! [For first-time visitors craving for some Japanese food, head to Far East Plaza, probably a 3-minute walk from Quincy, and visit Wasabi Tei #05-70. I love the cod fish served here!]
Quincy managed to delight me nonetheless. Here are the top 5 reasons why I like the hotel:
1) The proximity to all the shopping malls! Far East Plaza is almost a stone’s throw away. Paragon (for all things luxurious) is barely a 5-minute stroll away. The fiance and I even took a leisurely 25-minute walk (at night) to Plaza Singapura for dinner and to catch a movie (you can get there even faster by train – just 2 stations’ away).
2) The very comfortable bed, which is great for resting your feet after a long day of shopping (oops, I mean ‘work’). The rainshower and bathtub were lovely too. Plus, the toiletries from Molten Brown were certainly welcome! 🙂
3) The open-concept wardrobe and full-length mirror. I appreciate open-concept wardrobes because damp towels get dry faster and no unpleasant smell will be left on my clothes.
Everything else that you could possibly require during your stay is also provided: iron, ironing board, hair dryer, shoe shine, even an umbrella (how thoughtful!). *Should you need a handphone charger, you can borrow one at the reception.
*I love full-length mirrors too*
4) The indoor pool (located at the 12th floor), which has glass panels around two sides so you can check out the buildings opposite:
5) The little surprises: ice cream machine, free tic tac candy, outdoor ‘chilling’ areas, and more…
I also spent a bit of time in the 24-hour gym, though I didn’t quite have time for the sauna.
I found some favorites at the breakfast buffet: the roti prata and curry (surprisingly yummy!), spring roll, and the fried rice. There’s not much in terms of variety but there are so many food places along Orchard Road that you may just give the hotel breakfast a miss anyway.
The free WIFI in the hotel is great too!
Business travelers and those on holiday in Singapore will love Quincy for its proximity to shopping and food options in Orchard. You can shop till you drop, then head back to the hotel for a nice hot shower and a very comfortable bed. It’s quite simply… bliss. 🙂
And oh… everything in the minibar has already been paid for *wink*
Quincy Hotel – 22 Mount Elizabeth, Singapore 228517
Reservations: +65 64967699, firstname.lastname@example.org
Or make a booking online 🙂