I’ve blogged about the previous Mega Flea and now it’s back again! Woohoo! 🙂
Dates: 8 and 9 March 2014 (Sat and Sun)
Time: 11am to 10pm
Venue: Suntec Convention Hall 401 & 402
I’ll be visiting the Mega Flea on 8th March as I like to get first dibs on all the good deals! 😀 You?
There will be about 200 flea stalls covering fashion, pet supplies, merchandise for children and even household products! The Mega Flea usually attracts about 30,000 eager shoppers so I’m gonna head there early – in fact, the hour it opens for business! #TypicalKiasuSingaporean
The Mega Flea 10 is even better than the previous one, with prizes to reward shoppers! For every $200 spent, you can spin the wheel at the Info Counter and win these prizes:
And for every $100 spent, you can take part in the lucky draw to win these prizes:
First prize: $888 cash
Second prize: 1 Terabyte harddisk
Third prize: Headphone
What can I say? The Mega Flea Market is back, and even BETTER than the last one!
My plan: Rest this weekend, SHOP next weekend! 😀
Here are some tips for navigating the mega flea market, based on my previous experience:
1) Head there early if you want to avoid the crowd.
2) Go around at least once to compare prices before buying as some stalls may be selling similar items.
3) Most people head into the convention hall and tend to walk down the aisles on the right first – it’s a common shopping phenomenon, perhaps because there are more people who are right-handed? So you can head to the left side first, where you’ll encounter fewer shoppers.
4) There are usually food stalls at the back of the hall so you may want to head there for lunch. Just note that shopping when you are hungry may, in fact, cause you to buy more things than when you are full. Heh! Then you may qualify for the lucky draw! 😀
5) Bring a friend! The sheer SIZE of this flea market will be quite daunting. Bring a trusted friend for a second opinion on whether you should be buying that fifth pair of shoes or more trays of those yummy brownies.
Happy Shopping, folks! 😀