I use only ONE makeup product (seriously, just one) and it is featured in this episode! 😀 I’m not exactly a fan of Korean TV shows, dramas, music, food or fashion. But I do love that luminous makeup look.
In this episode, the gurus Keith and Xiao Kai (so dashing!) teach us how to rock the K-pop look and have soft and delicate skin that even the Koreans would be envious of. 😀
As usual, the Ladies’ Team demonstrate (and exaggerate) some flaws in our makeup and dressing, and the gurus rectify all the mistakes.
1) Candyce was indeed well-informed when she told us that Koreans have beautiful skin and that they use the luminous makeup look, in which light bounces off the skin, to look as if they are glowing.
She preps her skin (before makeup) by using a moisturizing mask and facial serum before going to bed. However, she overdoes the ‘shimmer’ part in her makeup; using a shimmer pearl base, foundation, then shimmer powder on top. This is not suitable for Singapore’s climate.
Xiao Kai used the upgraded version of the Laneige BB Cushion on Candyce. It can lighten skin tone, has anti-sweat properties, and can be used directly after a basic skincare routine even if you don’t use sunscreen because it has SPF 50 PA+++.
Pat instead of spreading it over skin so you don’t stretch skin but get to cover up spots more effectively.
The product is highly moisturizing, slows down oil production, and eliminates the need to use loose powder.
And here is my review of the product!
My skin tone seems more even after application and I look more radiant. It was really easy to apply and I now know why the puff (or applicator sponge) is so popular! It grabs onto a sufficient amount of the product and cleanly transfers it onto your face, leaving little to no residue behind on the puff! I am very impressed! For those who are particular about keeping the puff clean, either wash it or purchase new ones at S$5 per piece whenever you need a change! *Psst: the refill pack also comes with a new puff! 😀
I made a serendipitous discovery as well. I’d wanted to test if the Laneige BB Cushion can conceal skin imperfections such as freckles. So I took a spotted pear from the fruit bowl and conducted an experiment. To answer your question and mine, no, this product is *not* exactly a concealer (or perhaps the one I am using is not the upgraded version). BUT, it does give you really radiant skin. Watch out for that light spot on the pear. I applied the BB cream only on one small portion, and noticed that it made light from my ceiling lamp reflect off the pear, even though it doesn’t conceal/cover any dark spots!
(*If the vid doesn’t load, click here)
I am not kidding you. This is one seriously good product! Two thumbs up! 🙂
2) Kelly had a ‘transformation’ during this episode and the Triumph Maximizer Aqua bra she got from Keith had her go up two cup sizes! I own a Maximizer bra too and can vouch that it really works. It is really every (flat-chested) woman’s dream come true, and also every man’s nightmare. Haha! 😀
3) Silver wanted those Korean-style under-eye bags which supposedly give one an innocent look. She used too much of the under-eye brightener and ended up making her eyes look puffy and small.
Xiao Kai advised her to put on some (vanity) glasses and to use a champagne color instead of silvery-white for her under-eye makeup as she will be less likely to go wrong with it.
For ‘deep’ double eyelids, use some (COSMOS) eyelid tape slightly above the original crease. Then use 3M Nexcare Blenderm eye beauty tape across your nose (concealed by the glasses).
4) Vee thought it would be a good idea to wear shorts to work but because she chose to tuck in her loose top, she looked like she had a lot of belly fat when viewed from the side.
Keith advised her to use a big bag to ‘cover’ her legs so it doesn’t look like she is exposing too much skin when wearing shorts.
Also, pairing bright colors with a black blazer is key here. Add an accessory for some bling. 🙂
How short / long should your shorts be?
5) Kanny shared about a 4-2-4 method of face washing which involved leaving cleansing products on your face for up to 4 minutes. Xiao Kai says this is inaccurate – cleansing products shouldn’t be left on for so long.
He recommends the petrochemical-free, fragrance-free, soap-free Face Cleansing “Eggs” which are from the Holika Holika Egg Soap special set.
The white one is for sensitive skin, green one for people with large pores, charcoal for deep cleansing and pore minimizing, etc.
Also, there is the Clarisonic Mia 2 that supposedly removes impurities from every pore. I have heard SO MUCH about it that I really do feel like I should get it, even though I don’t think I need it. Ever felt this way before? Last time I felt this way, I bought an ipad 2 which I ended up not using at all. LOL.
For a list of ALL the products featured in this episode, click here.