I paid S$29 to attend a class to learn how to make almond cookies, durian cookies and pineapple tarts. I didn’t quite care about the cookies as I was there mainly for the pineapple tarts, but my goodness, these almond cookies are absolutely delicious – the best I have ever eaten! I would even say they are worth getting fat for.
And they are super easy to prepare – just a total of 8 simple ingredients!
300g Almond Powder
120g Icing Sugar
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
200ml (or less) Oil *Any kind: sunflower, olive, etc
1 egg yolk (for glazing)
Almond flakes (crushed)
1. Mix the first 5 ingredients together. You can add in some butter if you’d like (optional). Mix well then slowly add in the oil. You don’t have to use up all 200ml of oil if the dough can be kneaded and shaped into a “ball” already.
2. Roll the dough out into small balls. Weigh them if you want all of the cookies to be of a consistent size. Ensure they are not too big so they will be cooked well.
3. Brush on some egg yolk, and add the crushed almond flakes on top.
4. Bake for 20 minutes at 150 degrees Celsius in a preheated oven.
5. Enjoy your amazingly delicious almond cookies😀 This recipe yielded over 40 almond cookies.
2016 Schedule Out Now: