[Image from comchest.org.sg]
Are you a fan of shopping online at Qoo10? You can now shop for yourself, and for the less fortunate too! In support of SG Care & Share Day, Community Chest is organising a Fú Dài (Mandarin for ‘Fortune Bag’) giveaway to beneficiaries of 14 local social service programmes.
From now till 19 January 2015, you can purchase a Fú Dài on Qoo10 for $50 via the listing (http://list.qoo10.sg/g/422146484) – 100% of the monetary proceeds will go to the Community Chest and the Fortune Bags will be delivered to a person in need (elderly, family in difficulty, etc).
Hurry! Less than 2 weeks left!
The Fú Dài contains festive items and daily necessities such as canned food and 3-in-1 drinks sponsored by Community Chest’s partners. The 14 charities to receive the Fú Dài are:
1. AWWA Community Home for Senior Citizens
2. AWWA READYCARE Centre
3. Bright Hill Evergreen Home
4. Chen Su Lan Methodist Children’s Home**
5. Darul Ihsan Orphanage**
6. Dorcas Home Care Service (Presbyterian Community Services)
7. Kampong Kapor Family Service Centre
8. Lions Befrienders
9. PERTAPIS Senior Citizens Fellowship Home
10. SAMH Bukit Gombak Group Homes
11. Singapore Cheshire Home Residential Care
12. The Salvation Army (Grace Haven)**
13. Thye Hua Kwan Home Help Service West
14. TOUCH Ubi Hostel
** Community Chest supports this programme through volunteerism and not through funding.
How about spreading some festive cheer to those who don’t have as much as you do? Share the joy with those in need by buying a Fú Dài via this link: http://list.qoo10.sg/g/422146484