I’m one of the lucky ones. I’ve never really had prolonged bad experiences with acne. Just an episode here and there, and it clears up quickly too. I’d like to think it has something to do with good genes, and eating lots of vegetables as a kid. 😀
In this episode, however, even guru Xiao Kai shares that he had acne as a 16 year old.
And if you’d like to avoid getting acne, you will first have to take care of your skin when it’s still in the blackheads or whiteheads ‘stage’. When there are blocked pores, there might be follicle inflammation. So always keep the follicles clean and exfoliate the right way.
And you must remember this important tip: Moisturize immediately after exfoliation to prevent dryness.
Here are more tips to help you prevent and combat acne:
- Consumption of too many dairy products can increase your protein intake, leading to acne in some cases.
- Sweet/sugary foods increase insulin production, leading to more oil secretion. Even fruit juices can be high in sugar content!
- If your skin is acne-prone, focus on moisturizing.
- Use a copper-colored foundation if you have acne.
- Avoid using loose powder in a single color.
- Try not to hide acne behind your hair around your forehead or cheeks – conditioner residues can cause acne or worsen existing problems. Change your pillowcases frequently too!
- You can go to the doctor’s to get an injection to drain the pimples a few hours before a major event that you have to attend. *wink*